My Blog List

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I turned 24 today:


Today, I turned 24. For months leading up to this birthday I felt apprehensive. I was worried that 24 meant something to the rest of the world that it didn't mean to me. I was worried that I wouldn't have accomplished the things that a 24 year old is meant to. I was worried that I wouldn't feel like myself. I was worried that I was having a quarter-life-crisis, one year too early.

But today has come and gone, and I felt more like myself today than I have in a long time. I did not wake up anxious, riddled with excitement at the prospect of an entire day devoted to me, like I did as a child. I woke up feeling much like I do every morning, a little sleepy and annoyed at my cat for meowing so incessantly at such an hour.

Tonight I shared a great meal at a really cute local restaurant with my sister and my parents. And then we got coffee at a small shop downtown. And it was simple and perfect and just enough. If there is one thing that I'm most proud of after living on this earth for, *gasp* 24 years, its my relationship with my family. It is ever present and ever funny and ever keeping me filled with happiness.

Here's to another 24 years! Wait, that will only make me 48. Here's to another 100 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment