My Blog List

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beyonce said it best, bills bills bills:


Lesson #1



Confidence is key. It is easy to feel down and defeated when you are only 23 and getting paid in peanuts. It is easy to begin questioning every decision you have ever made, as if your life would somehow be infinitely better had you not had peanut butter and jelly three days ago, or had you not decided to dump thousands of dollars into a study abroad program that left you broke and broker. It is easy to give into self-doubt as every supposed adult punches holes into your flawless life plan with questions like: How will you pay for that? and my personal favorite Where will that get you in life?



However, (and this is a big however) in my opinion the only way to battle through the sea of negativity that often submerges over young people is with confidence. Confidence kills negativity, the kryptonite to all of those nay sayers out there. I am confident that I made the right choice when I decided to live abroad in Italy. I am confident that improving my Italian and indulging in delicious food and great wine left me a better human being...a broke young girl but a cultured girl nonetheless. I AM confident that my life IS infinitely better for having taken the plunge and discovered parts of myself and parts of the world that would have been left to the imagination had I not dumped thousands of dollars into a study abroad program that left me broke.

The picture at the top of this blog highlights my opinion perfectly...I LIVED there! That Duomo, I went to Mass there. Those cobblestone streets, I walked them. That tiny, picturesque town on the top of that plateau was my personal heaven, not once, but twice!

So to my parents, Chase Bank, my credit card and every adult out there who said that expanding your mind was a financial mistake...I am confident that you are wrong.

**Today I got two separate offers to tutor for additional money. Hello finances, you're looking up today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment