My Blog List

Saturday, July 3, 2010

And Tell Me Miss Driver, Have You Ever Worked In A Results Driven Workplace?:

I have had 6 interviews in 2 days. I'm exhausted mentally and, well,...mentally. Because let's face it, it's easy to drive yourself to an office, it's easy to throw on a pair of heels, it's easy to print your resume 50 times. It is not easy, however, to "sell yourself" over and over and over again. I am tired of tip-toeing my way around every answer and smiling until my face hurts and pulling compelling stories out of nowhere at the drop of a hat. I'd like to write more but I just really don't feel up to it. I hope my responses will get me through the door somewhere, or if not the door maybe just the hallway leading up to it, or maybe the parking lot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment