My Blog List

Saturday, April 10, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

I am interested in applying for the internet marking/editing/front desk/administrative assistant/HR/receptionist/coffee bitch/paper pusher/entry level position.

This jargon has consumed most of my Saturday afternoons as of late, and again I find myself at the coffee shop typing these exact words. A tiny part of myself wants to jump onto the table before me and sing "O sweet employment gods, cast down the perfect career for me, let money rain down from the heavens above like a rap singer's music video. Let those Benjamins shower over me with all of the filth and self indulgence that Lil'Wayne meant for them to."



This is not the wisest idea I've ever had. It's not the dumbest but it's certainly not the smartest. Mostly because I think the sweet older couple in front of me with matching powder blue sweaters on who watched my purse for me 5 minutes ago would be more than alarmed. They would probably leave. The last thing I want is for local businesses to lose more business, I don't want to contribute to the economic slump. I'll keep my mouth shut.



6 comments:

  1. Looking for work is often harder work than working. This coming from someone who is writing this... while at work.

    Anyway, I hope things are progressing on your search. I never thought I'd land a job when I was "RIF"ed in the middle of the worst economic spiral since the last one, yet here I am--a month shy of 1 year at PCC.

    Oh, and in case you're interested I stumbled on a facebook link (I'm really not pulling away from it very well) that you may or may not be intereted in: http://www.demandstudios.com/

    I thought it was worth looking into... though I admittedly haven't looked into it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the two pictures chosen to be placed in this blog entry. My reason being that they appear to depict two completely different opposites in all ways imaginable. It could be perceived that the two individuals would not share one thing in common but this is just not true.
    In fact, they actually have more in common than I do with my own self. This is hard to imagine so you probably shouldn't try, just think about the point made if possible.
    To summarize kinda but not really, all of these scientific facts come from very complex and strangely irrelevant algorithms, so I could be wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marty, I had an interview yesterday for an SEO marketing company, it went well but I got a funny vibe from the owner...ew. So, maybe I'm being too picky but I think I'll turn it down, the hunt continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake,

    I'm not familiar with algorithms but I do enjoy rap and I do enjoy getting comments so thanks for yours. Maybe we DO have more in common with strangers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never be too picky when funny vibes are involved. I think it's best to stay clear of anything that elicits an "ew" response.

    And speaking of the pictures... is that Barnes and Noble? I'm referring to the picture of Lil' Wayne. Is he in the Barnes and Noble vault?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, apparently Barnes and Noble has so much money that they hire rappers like Lil Wayne to come and watch it for them. I think it's like the cartoon Ducktales where there is a giant pit of money that you get to dive into...clearly the Kindle hasn't hurt tangible book sales...

    ReplyDelete