My Blog List

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Update, a la' Tina Fey:


Welcome to Weekend Update, I'm Tina Fey.

Sources claim that earlier this week, Vampire Weekend, an indie-pop band held a "sold out show" in Tempe. Lisa Diaz, a close friend of the concert attendees said, "that was amazing, the best show I've seen live." As a New York based indie group, Vampire Weekend shimmied and shook on stage so hard that the crowd was feeling it with them. Jessica Driver, an avid fan of the group, who indulged in a Kiltlifter ale brewed locally at Four Peaks, said shortly after exiting the smoky, pot filled theater, "those boys can sing!"

***This just in, Driver also had an interview at a local marketing company. Apparently the prospect does not look promising, "the boss was a total d-bag," bemoaned Driver.***

In similar news, Jessica Driver and Kamaila Sanders visited on Thursday night the local Moroocan eatery Fez, located in Downtown Phoenix. A modern, after work hot-spot, Fez featured cute gays and hot babes. After jumping on the Metro Light Rail, Driver and Sanders ordered cappuccinos at Lux, a coffee bar that's "so hip they don't even have signage," said Sanders. Wow.

Not to be outdone, Gayle Greenhut joined Driver and Sanders for dinner Friday night at India Palace, where the basmati rice and chicken curry, "gives you a food baby like no other," reported Greenhut.

Lots of ice cream and a G-Ma's birthday party rounded out the weekend's top stories. For Weekend Update, I'm Tina Fey.


3 comments:

  1. Pot? At a Vampire Weekend show? Unthinkable!

    I wrote a "review" of the Beach House show I went to last week but can't seem to find where I left it. I'll post it as soon as I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya post it up, I wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a little odd 2 weeks after the fact but I found most of my "notes" on the writeup from the show. I'll piece them together later tonight and post something... I don't know if it will make sense, but it will definitely be something...

    ReplyDelete