My Blog List

Monday, April 26, 2010

What Was I Doing One Year Ago Today Volume II:

Welcome to the second installment of: What Was I Doing One Year Ago Today?

Last year, April 26th fell on a Sunday. As an undergrad the "Sabbath" was not reserved for church or family or relaxation, it was reserved for "holycrap-i have so much homework-what the hell was I doing all weekend-how late can I stay up to finish this-I am so stupid-how do I conjugate that verb in Italian?"

My very idiosyncratic day planner details that last year I was working on my term paper and editing my independent study paper. As a side note to myself, at the very bottom of my neatly prepared schedule I scribbled in this question, Do I have time to lay out for a bit?

Wow. I shudder to think that I was that uptight. I hope that in my next life I'm reincarnated as a dirty hippy with a tiny bird's nest growing out of my unwashed dreadlocks. I hope that I can slip my leather feet into previously owned sandals and sit on the corner of Haight - Ashburrry strumming a lonely guitar in order to exact revenge on my snotty, tight ass.

And speaking of San Francisco I hope that by the time April 26th comes around next year, I'm enrolled in graduate courses at San Francisco State University...or NYU...or at some other coastal university very far away from the desert.

5 comments:

  1. I love these installment posts. Especially one that alludes to say... a year ago today. I can't help but think after a few (quite a few) installments of this you'll be referencing this post. Hopefully it is from a Grad school of your choosing... but the desert is never really that far. Anymore, I'd like to think that nothing is really that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is really that far and nothing is really that impossible...I hope I'm someplace new as well. What are you semi-immediate future plans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute stessa! I'm gonna read on... sistah! lol! Miss you! Come 2 Chicago for grad school!! Def not like the desert!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stessa I did NOT know you kept a blog, I'm going to read yours too!! I miss you also :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Semi-immediate? Good question. I'm wrapping up a generic liberal studies humaties degree online at NAU (which is pretty great actually) just because I've never not been in school. I'm addicted. But after that (the fall after next) I think it's finally time for grad school. UCLA for screenwriting... or UofA for Library Science. I'm definitely rooting for one over the other...

    ReplyDelete